Thursday, July 22, 2004

Dear Long John

Dear Long John *
 
You wrote "
Actually even for me, I still don't have a mental picture of what you are really like now.  Either time or HK* has tamed you.
 
And frankly speaking, I enjoy what you were at that time.  Ha :-)
 
John *"  

 
Yup, i was like a wild child. My motto was "do one thing daily that scares me".
 
I am still pretty much the same, less reckless but gutsy when least expected (and when expected of cos). But I have mellowed over the years and 4 years at K* has transformed me a great deal too, especially on dealing with seniority, superiors and the eccentrics (they are not mutually exclusive).
 
Someone * once said to me "To manage, first you must learn to be managed" - that advice  was a retort when he saw the slogan on my tee shirt "I am unmanageable". Next advice, from same person "Respond, not react".  The inalienable truth is, I am still pretty much unchanged "Carpe Diem" - except that my pleasures are less dangerous over the years.  
  
And I'll still do the funky chicken when I am 85 - hopefully not in funny farm.
 
Yours as always, Dancer On Your Grave 


 
* Any resemblance to reputable companies. world class organisations, famous people dead or half dead is strictly intentional.
 
[post 20/1997]






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home