Thursday, July 15, 2004

For whom the bid tolls

My first internet purchase : 1995.

Before I made that brave click - I called up my credit card company and asked them to lower my credit limit to US$400. They were puzzled.

Ok, I was a wee bit paranoid but I NEED TO BUY. Otherwise how could I face my class of matured adult learners aka MBA students (I co-teach) of the Internet Commerce course? I thought if there was any security loophole and fraud, I would only be liable up to the limit the credit card company has set for me, which was only US$400.

That "the men dont get it" card was set aside for internet purchases only.


My first internet bid : 2004. I am now the proud owner of "The Compleat Moonshadow" comic series - at an amazing US$9.49. I first read my friend's pirated copy in 1993 - I was hypnotised and intriqued by Jon Muth's watercolor illustrations and the moth eaten cat, Frodo.

The series is retailed between US$24 - US$34 (exclusive of shipping charges) and in UK, it sells for over 20 british pounds!


[post 13/1997]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home